Key risks Insurers in Private Credit are navigating
Global private debt markets are booming
Private debt, especially in today’s economy, offers higher yields, portfolio diversification, and less sensitivity to macroeconomic changes like interest rates, inflation, and geopolitical risks. Yet, the lack of competition among banks makes financing more difficult for small and mid-sized enterprises. Non-bank lenders have the long-term liquidity and funding needed to take on the illiquidity but may not have complete information to keep up with demand.
Private debt portfolios often contain hundreds of loans, most of which are from middle-market companies lacking agency ratings and comprehensive company-level information needed to assess their credit risks. The probability of Default (PD) Implied Rating, and Early Warning System from EDF-X provide a comprehensive and flexible solution to quantify and manage these risks.
How Insurers in Private Credit can identify early signs of credit deterioration with EDF-X
We score the world's largest credit database
Our credit risk models are built on decades of global private company data from our bank consortium members, coupled with time-tested techniques to calculate credit risk from equity signals. Our models are validated over multiple credit cycles and informed by the world’s leading financial institutions who use them.
- 4 million defaults going back to 1973
- 190+ million detailed financial statements
- Accelerated credit insights for 450 million pre-scored companies
- Coverage for small businesses on Main Street to global conglomerates
- AI-driven models with payment data and alternative signals
EDF-X turns the value of our data into action, enabling you to make better credit decisions
Staying ahead of potential credit risks and financial losses can be a daunting task. But what if you had access to an advanced platform with accurate global data and decision analytics built in?
- Pre-qualification and on-the-spot credit assessment
- Uncover emerging risks and opportunities
- Rank loans vs. 300,000+ peers
- Forecast performance across industries and regions
- Pro-forma and scenario analysis
How Insurers in Private Credit can simplify credit risk monitoring with EDF-X
Game-changing automation and efficiencies – so you don't have to worry about being caught off guard
EDF-X is scalable, easy to use, and has industry-leading coverage, so you can score all of your exposures. Now you can have peace of mind that no opportunity or threat is left undetected.
- Automated credit measures for any company in the world
- Color-coded alerts to flag credit risks in advance
- Comprehensive platform with no user inputs required
- Forward-looking Probability of Default (PD)
- Implied Ratings
- API integration with your workflow and other Moody’s data
- Climate and ESG data
- Loss Given Default
What Insurers are saying about EDF-X
"Not having to log into multiple platforms helps my team work more efficiently. We can now manage private and public companies together."- Medium US Insurer